You can nominate a candidate for the KCPSRS Board
If you, or someone you know, is interested in running for a seat on the KCPSRS Board, two trustee positions will be open for nominations – one elected by the members of the Retirement System and another elected by the retirants of the Retirement System. Both positions will be elected for terms of four-years effective January 1, 2024 to December 31, 2027.
"Member", any person who is a regular employee after the retirement system has been established hereunder ("active member"), and any person who (i) was an active member, (ii) has vested retirement beneﬁts hereunder, and (iii) is not receiving a retirement allowance hereunder ("inactive member"). A person shall cease to be a member if the person has a break in service before earning any vested retirement beneﬁts or if the person withdraws his or her accumulated contributions from the retirement system.
· At the nomination meeting, any member may nominate any one or more members as candidates for the Board and, if a retirant trustee is to be elected, any retirant may nominate any one retirant as a candidate for the Board.
· The retiree nominee must be retired before or on January 1, 2024.
· Candidates must be resident taxpayers in the boundaries of the Kansas City, Missouri school district.
· Self-nominations are acceptable.
Additional information on the role and responsibility of Board Members can be found on the KCPSRS website in the About tab under Board and Staff (www.kcpsrs.org).
How To Nominate Someone:
The Board of Trustees ONLY accepts nominations during their meeting commencing at 4:00 p.m. on October 2, 2023. Options for attending Board meeting to make a nomination:
· Come to KCPSRS office at 3100 Broadway, Suite 1211. Arrive by 3:55 p.m.
· Attend virtually via conference call or Zoom. For detailed instructions to attend meeting virtually, call 816-472-5800 ext. 0 or email email@example.com no later than noon on October 3, 2022.