The CDC states handwashing is one of the best ways to protect yourself and others from illness. It seems so simple, yet many don’t know how thoroughly or how long to wash their hands to be effective against coronavirus and other germs. Let’s do a quick review to maintain our health and the health of our community.
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the ABC’s song in your head once or the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
View the CDC’s full recommendations by clicking this link: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html