If you retired from the School District and choose to continue the Blue Cross Blue Shield Kansas City (BCBSKC) coverage offered in the District’s plan, you may want to review your options and the premiums effective January 1, 2017.
- Rates for dental coverage slightly decreased.
- The plan currently named “Preferred-Care” has changed to “Dental Buy-Up”. The coverage remains the same. There are no other plan changes.
- The plan currently named “Economy” has changed to “Dental Base”. The coverage remains the same. There are no other plan changes.
- Rates for medical plans increased.
- For answers to questions about your specific coverage, please contact BCBSKC at (816) 395-2270.
If you would like to explore options outside the BCBSKC plans offered by the District, you may want to contact SelectQuote at 1-855-650-5014 or http://kcpsrs.sqbenefits.com, or McDaniel Hazley Group (MHG) at 816-399-4040 or www.mhgins.com to guide you through your pre-65 year or post-65 year coverage selection options.
If you currently have the District’s BCBSKC medical or dental plans and wish to change options please complete an application form available and submit to Retirement Office by Friday, December 9, 2016.